a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBJz8JK/">

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ups and Downs

I had a few rough days.  I woke up feeling well, but after lunchtime I had some nausea that would last until bedtime.  Because of the nausea, I ate less than I was already eating...which wasnt much.  Thursday morning it had reached its peak and I vomitted.  Yikes!!!!  Vomitting is bad with Lap Band.  It can cause the band to slip which is bad news.  Needless to say a was a little freaked out!  3 days of nausea and now an episode of vomitting.  Of course my thoughts went to the worst right away.

I called the Bariatric Center in tears and spoke with the nurse.  Dramamine and rest were her orders and to EAT MORE!  Woo hoo!!!!  Eat more?!?  I wasnt eating enough, the nausea I was feeling was a combination of not having enough calories/nutrients etc and being hungry.  But because I had the nausea I didnt eat.  Big vicious circle.  I don't think anyone has ever told me to eat more  :o)  

So that's what I did.  I had some greek yogurt, I took some Dramamine and I went to bed.  I woke up and I ate some more.  I felt like a new person the next morning!  Who knew??  :o)  Obviously not me.  So now Im eating more and feeling soooooo great!  

Ive been able to add some more foods to my list.  I can actually chew a few things now!!  Yippee!  Scrambled eggs,  some fruits and veggies.  I had cucumbers this weekend.  Yum yummm.  I am feeling a lot more like myself again.  Thank goodness.  I guess I didnt realize how bad I was feeling.  I was tired and groggy, upset easily.  All because I wasnt eating enough.  Well problem solved!!

The great thing is that although I am eating more frequently, I still only need a small amount of food and I feel satisfied. 

So for those of you wondering if its working......it sure is!!!  By my scale at home Ive lost about 8 lbs in about a week and a half.  Ill have my official 2 week post op weigh in on Friday when I meet with the surgeon.  The goal is to lose 1-2 pounds a week.  Just like with any other weight loss program/diet.  It is healthiest to lose it slow and steady.  The first few weeks will be more, but I should settle into the 1-2 lbs a week by week 4 or 5.  Healthy lifestyle here I come!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dani,
    GOOD FOR YOU!!! Hooray!!! My sister Bethany had GB surgery 2 years ago...she lost a person, 135 pounds. She is the sister I used to know, the one who is my best friend. I am going to have her read your blog...I think she can be of great help to you. She researched every aspect and is so knowledgeable about the diet to follow. I'm so glad you did this for yourself...Love you... Alisa

    ReplyDelete